Bloomfield Center Alliance Events and Press Releases
2020 Events coming to Bloomfield Center this Summer!
Events coming to Bloomfield Center this Summer!
Bloomfield, NJ – The Bloomfield Center Alliance (BCA) is pleased to announce a number of events it is bringing to the downtown community. Bloomfield Center will be the place to be as residents and visitors are invited to enjoy themselves this summer/fall season where they can experience everything from classic cars cars, live entertainment, and great dining! All activities are free to the public and have been organized with public safety in mind in light of the current reality. There is plenty of signage in plain view reminding attendees that they must adhere to mask protocols and respect social distancing. In addition, along with regular safety announcements, there will be several hand sanitizing stands and disinfecting wipes dispensers present and easily accessible to attendees.
Despite the challenges in planning and hosting events in this environment, BCA Executive Director Ollyn J. Lettman explains that it is very important for the organization to push its mission of promoting the downtown and supporting its business community. “Moving forward with these outdoor events, in a safe and responsible manner, is critical in providing local residents and out of town visitors the opportunity to experience the people and places in our downtown. We are excited to share our district’s growing potential with new development, businesses, and improvements happening all around Bloomfield Center. Hosting these events sends the message that despite the difficulties we are all experiencing, Bloomfield Center and the people that live, work, and invest here remain undeterred and determined to survive and thrive.”
This season’s events/activities will include:
• Cruise Nights on Broad Street (Wednesdays evenings thru July) - Classic cars and cool tunes are on hand Wednesday nights through the end of July on the first block of Broad Street from 6 – 9 PM.
• Dinner Under the Stars (Fridays evenings thru the end of September) - Bloomfield Center's extremely popular al fresco dining series, enjoy food from are restaurants and listen to live music from local artists in the heart of Bloomfield Washington Street (between Glenwood Ave. and Farrand Street). Schedule: Fridays from 6 – 10 PM: July 3rd - September 25th.
• Outdoor Music Concert (Saturday, July 4th) – No fireworks . . . no problem! Bloomfield College is partnering with the BCA to host an outdoor concert on its campus quad (near corner of Liberty Street and Austin Place). Bring your own lawn chairs and picnic blankets or sit at tables and chairs laid out on the open lawn and listen to three hours of acoustic entertainment (2 – 5 PM). Food will be available on site for purchase from nearby restaurants.
The event is free but online registration is requested (www.july4thconcertbloomfield.eventbrite.com).
• Bloomfield Center Restaurant Week . . .with a Twist (July 13th – July 19th) – A dozen downtown restaurants are offering special meals and great discounts during a week of virtual programming and streaming performances from local artists. Choose to dine outdoors at any of the participating restaurants or get your food to go and enjoy the array of programming lined up any given evening from home.
For information and to sign up, please visit www.BloomfieldCenterRestaurantWeek.com.
• For additional information on any of these events/activities, please visit BCA’s Events page at www.bloomfieldcenter.com or follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/BloomfieldCenter/.
About Bloomfield Center Alliance
The BCA is a non-profit organization that works on behalf of the township of Bloomfield to maintain, support, and promote the central business district. It sponsors and coordinates various projects and programs designed to attract, retain and foster business in the downtown. Bloomfield Center Alliance’s goal is to preserve, protect, and enhance the business improvement district and its various assets.