Vital Statistics records have been kept in Bloomfield since 1848. Vital Statistics is the recording of all Births, Deaths, Marriages, and Civil Unions that occur within a municipality. Vital Statistics are also recorded by the State which provides data on morbidity and mortality.
The Vital Statistics Division provides:
- Certified Copies of Births, Deaths, Marriages and Civil Unions (PDF)
- Certified Copies of Births, Death, Marriages and Civil Unions (SPANISH)(PDF)
- Marriage and Civil Union Licenses (Appointment Required)
In order to obtain a Marriage License or Civil Union License from the Township of Bloomfield either partner must be a resident of Bloomfield. This license will be good for any municipality in the State of New Jersey. If both partners reside out of state then they must obtain the license from the New Jersey municipality where the ceremony will take place. This license will be issued for that municipality only.
- /documentcenter/view/365/requirements-for-obtaining-a-marriage-license-remarriage-civil-union-or-reaffirmation-pdf Requirements for obtaining a marriage license, remarriage, civil union or reaffirmation of a civil union license in the Township of Bloomfield /Requisitos para obtener licencia matrimonial, segundo casamiento, union civil, or la reiteracion de una licencia de union civil en la Municipalidad de Bloomfield (English & Spanish) /documentcenter/view/366/requisitos-para-obtener-licencia-matrimonial-segundo-casamiento-union-civil-or-la-reiteracion-en-espanol-pdf
- How to Schedule an Appointment to Obtain a Marriage License (English & Spanish)
Certified copies of Birth Certificates must be obtained in the municipality where the birth occurred. The cost of a certificate in Bloomfield is $20 per copy.
Certified copies of Marriage and Civil Union certificates must be obtained in the municipality where the Marriage or Civil Union occurred. The cost of a certificate in Bloomfield is $20 per copy.
Certified copies of Death Certificates must be obtained in the municipality where the death occurred. The cost of a certificate in Bloomfield is $10 per copy for the first ten, and $5 per copy for every copy thereafter per request.